Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I've been away too long

I've lost my knitting mojo. I haven't knit for quite a while. I started a sweater from one of the Jo Sharp Knit pattern books but could not bring myself to start the sleeves. I finished one "monkey" sock and am about two-thirds done with the second one. I can't bring myself to finish that one either.

Instead, I've been sewing. Let's go back. My husband gifted me with a Bernina serger (model 800L) for Christmas. It sat unused for quite a while but no more.

I've finished the Amy Butler "Sophia" handbag. It took quite a while and was somewhat tedious. But it turned out well, at least on the outside. I'm not so pleased with the lining so would change a couple of things next time around -- assuming there is a next time. Pictures later.

I finished a flowered, knit dress, which I like to call my mumu. I will post pictures of that too.

For now, here are pictures of an apron I made for my sister. The pattern is from Hoodie, and it's a fully reversible circular apron. I loved how it turned out!! The fabric was from Fabric Depot -- a huge mindboggling place with too many options. I believe the fabric designer was Michael Miller, but don't quote me on that. This is side 1...


Followed by pocket detail of side 1...

And side 2, with pocket detail...




No comments: