Saturday, December 18, 2010

New blog for a new year

It has become evident that I've transitioned away from knitting over the past year or so. Although I learned to knit when I was fairly young, I think knitting became a big part of my life when I was in law school. Portability was a definite plus, but knitting was also a good stress reliever that helped me through some difficult times. Non-knitters might never know how absorbing knitting can be, as (for me anyway) it took quite a bit of concentration. It was/is a good stress reliever.

Don't get me wrong, I still love yarn and the process of knitting, but I don't feel compelled to knit as I once did. Part of it, too, is that I'm finally feeling like I no longer have all the time in the world to get to that next project, or finish the half-dozen that are already on the needles. And, I've gone back to sewing, which is actually where it all started for me.

With that, I'm leaving this blog for a new one that more aptly fits the content of what I've been writing about and doing. The new blog will have all the old content, but you just need to visit a different site. So, here it is: elvycrafts.blogspot.com

No comments: