Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nancy Bush's Lichen Ribbed Socks


I started these socks almost a year ago, last May 2009, when I was attending a convention in Lincoln City, OR. There is a little yarn store there, I forget the name of it, that had quite a good selection of yarns. I bought one skein of this Nestucca Bay washable sock wool. I started the first pair that weekend, and the second pair about two and a half weeks ago. Now they're finally done!!

The pattern is a basic 3 knit x 1 purl repeat from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, called Lichen Ribbed Sock. It uses a Welsh heel and a Star of Three Points toe, both of which were quite simple. The most aggravating part of making these socks was actually the ebony Lantern Moon double-pointed needles I bought at the same time to start the project. The needles were very nice to work with, but I broke three of them, the last one when I was three rows from finishing the toe. The needles were pricey ($25), and now I don't have a complete set anymore. Ugh.

BTW, the sock blockers are a purchase from last summer's Sock Summit at the Convention Center in Portland.


No comments: