Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One quick cardi


This pattern was a freebie from the Lion Brand website. If you haven't checked the site out, you should. The site contains hundreds of free patterns, as well as some you can purchase for a nominal amount. You do have to sign up for a membership, which is free, but if you're one of those people who don't like to give out your info and be part of list-serves, this might not be for you.

Anyhow, the pattern was very easy and took me only a matter of weeks to complete. Probably my quickest knitting project ever. I knit the size 38 without any modifications. It's not quite as cropped on me as the model, but I'm sorta short. Instead of using Lion organic cotton as called for, I used Classic Elite's Wings, which is a worsted weight wool/mohair (I think) blend. The pattern does not call for any buttons, and I didn't have a shawl pin so I used a stitch holder (not the most attractive). I have since ordered a shawl pin from Patternworks, and so will post that when it arrives.

Happy knitting, everyone!


No comments: