Sunday, March 21, 2010
Quilt for Baby Bea
I've finished piecing the top for Baby Bea's quilt. It's in a windmill pattern using scraps of fabrics from past projects, which you might recognize. This has been a very satisfying project, quick and easy to piece with no complicated angles or curves, and I was able to use some of my stash. The solid sashing is Kona cotton in chocolate, and the pink patterned sashing and backing is from Dolce by Tanya Whelan, part of the Grand Revival line for Free Spirit/Westminster Fibers.
This is the first quilt I've made since one I made quite a number of years ago when Niece #6 was born -- she's turning 16 this year. I've never tried machine quilting but will attempt it with this one. I've got my trusty walking foot and will post about my efforts when I'm through. I have to wait until Monday to start, because that's when the kitchen floor will be freshly mopped and good for making the quilt sandwich.